This guide will show you how to::
- Merge two registration profiles
- Reporting on registration profile merging
NOTE: This function is only available to Member Federation and Association Admins.
Profile Merging FAQs => LINK
Some upfront info
An Admin can only perform a single two record merge at a time, if you have a bulk listing please speak to FFA Support to have this processed
The system can perform up to 1.2k merges per night, these occur between 4am and 6.30am. Usually you can expect your merge to occur overnight, in some instances it may take longer (if there is a big backlog)
You must ensure that you are accurately merging the records of the same individual.
The best way to ensure the profiles are the same person is to speak to the actual participant to ensure both profiles belong to them. You may also want to match data from both profiles such as Name, DOB, Email, Address, Emergency contacts, Photos etc to provide you greater assurance the merge you are performing is correct.
If you are in doubt then do not complete the merge, the process is not reversible.
Organisations around the country will have different measures to ensure they are matching the profiles of the same individual, you may want to form a policy internally before performing your matching.
Understanding TO and FROM profiles:
The system allows you to choose the primary profile you want to merge into, this may be the latest profile as it has the most up to date contact information BUT the flexibility to choose the FFA ID you want to retain.
- James duplicated his profile in his 2019 registration, he now has two registration profiles.
- His new profile (FFA ID 10724713) has his most up to date contact and emergency contact information that should be retained. His old profile from his 2018 registration (FFA ID 79607610) has the FFA ID used on the Comp system to identify him and contains his old registration history.
- The Admin for his association identifies his two profiles as duplicates and chooses to merge to the new registration profile but retain his old FFA ID.
- When the merge completes James's now merged profile has an FFA ID 79607610, his newest contact and emergency contact details and a combined listing of his registration history.
- James's FFA ID 79607610 is the number passed to the Competition system when he is made Active in the season.
- In this example James's TO record is 10724713 and his FROM record is 79607610
In general most organisations will retain the older FFA ID, you may want to check with your Competition Administrator for guidance
Creating a Participant Merge
- In Admin navigate to People > Merge Records > Person Merge Request
- Enter in the participant's information in the From Person Record Section to find a participant's rego record. NOTE: If you are using the FFA ID to search here it is advisable to use the oldest record in the FROM section. This means you will be keeping the latest contact details etc. In the above example the FFA ID to enter is 79607610
- Enter in the participant's information in the To Person Record Section to find a participant's rego record. NOTE: If you are using the FFA ID to search here it is advisable to use the newest record in the TO section. This means you will be keeping the latest contact details from this record,. In the above example the FFA ID to enter is 10724713
- Select the Look Up button
- Depending on your search you will now see registrants on both the From and To side, identify which of these records you want to merge
- Select a single radio button to the left of the From record and select a single radio button on the To record. These are the records you are merging.
- At the bottom on the page select the FFA ID you want to retain on the merge by using the radio button on either the From or To side
- Click Submit merge
Going back to our example. Our From record for James is 79607610 and that is in the From section of the screen on the left. His To record which holds all the new contact info is on the right, 10724713. We want to keep his old FFA ID so we select the From side (on the left) to retain that FFA ID.
Adherence to the concurrency rule
A merge cannot be completed if it breaks the concurrency rule ie >1 Active registration to Club Football in the Reg Period.
If you receive the below message you will need to follow the standard process of requesting a de-registration for one of the registration profiles, when the de-registration completes the merge can be processed
Who you can merge
You can only merge profiles when both are within your own jurisdiction. Please speak to FFA Support if you require a cross jurisdiction merge to be performed.
You will be able to identify in your reporting:
- Who's profile is Pending to be merged eg. it's loaded up and queued in the merge process = Approved-Pending
- Who's profile has complete merging = Merge Completed
- Who's profile has failed in the merge and requires investigation = Merge Unsuccessful (please speak to FFA Support in this instance)
- In Admin navigate to People > Merge Records > Person Merge List
- Select the type of report you want to run, enter any required filtering and select the Go button
- The report will export onto the screen and you can choose to Export the listing to Excel for further review