An International Transfer Certificate (ITC) is required for every player aged 10 years or older who is playing for the first time and is not an Australian citizen or whose last registration was overseas. This is a FIFA requirement to ensure players are not under contract or suspended and is applicable even if the player is an Australian citizen or if they have been registered in Australia or Victoria previously
To obtain an ITC you will need to complete a registration through PlayFootball, players will be prompted to answer a question on their previous playing history
- ITCs are requested during the registration process
- ITCs may take up to 30 days* from the date Football Australia has submitted the players request to the opposite National Association
- Additional documentation is required for minors (blue, purple, green, orange, red or aqua forms) is required and should be sent to Member Federations
- All adult ITC requests require a copy of the player's passport and should be sent to your Member Federations
- All ITC support queries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Players under 10 do not require an ITC
- Completed forms should be sent to Member Federations - Contact details here
- Payments for any ITC registrations should be paid when the ITC has been cleared/approved
- No payment can be accepted online if you are requesting an ITC
Steps to Completion
Requesting an ITC
Step 1: Sign in to your Football account
Step 2: Place a registration to a club
Step 3: Answer the International Transfer clearance question - Was Your Last Registration to an Affiliated Football(Soccer) Club in Australia?* (answering 'no- my last registration was overseas, will trigger the ITC process)
Step 4: Complete 2 forms:
Minor & Declaration Form(page 11) & either:
First, log into your Play Football account using the link below. Make sure that you log into your Play Football account using the original method that you created your account with using either your email address & password or using your social login.
Football Account login
Once you have signed in, select 'Start A Registration' located under the registrations section of the page you are on, under 'My Details'.
This will redirect you to the 'Club Finder'. Search for and click on your club when it appears. Following this click on 'Get Started'.
Select the participant you are registering,' I am registering myself' or 'I am registering a linked person'.
If it's a new participant please select 'I am registering a new person'. Follow the prompts to claim the new participants account if they have registered for Football within the last 5 years. If you are having issues claiming the account please contact the PlayFootball support team https://support.playfootball.com.au/support/home
Select your product. Products are displayed based on the participant's age and gender requirements that are set by the club. If your product is not displaying please contact your club directly as you may not meet the requirements.
After adding and editing the participant details you will get to the 'International Transfer Certificate' question. Please answer this question accordingly
If you answered 'no - my last registration was overseas' you will need to answer the additional questions and the following :
Adults - send a copy of your passport to your Member federation
Minors - Complete 'Minor ITC Application & declaration form' and one of the following;
All Forms and Passports should be sent to respective Member Federations.
For further questions or queries regarding an ITC, Football Australia's ITC department can be contacted via email at email@example.com
**Please note Football Australia's ITC team does not have a dedicated hotline, and can only be reached via email**